The parish program for Catholic education (CCD) provides our students an environment conducive to their highest spiritual, intellectual, and moral development. Parents are as much a part of it as their children, and the parish works as a partner in their children’s Catholic formation. We help parents prepare their children: (1) to seek what is transcendent and eternal, and (2) to succeed in the family, business, and community.
If you are new to the parish or considering joining our parish, you and your children are invited to visit the classes, and if you would like to register, see the instructions below.
Meeting at the church on Sundays at 9:15 am (between Masses) from August through May, the CCD program offers systematic training in the Catholic faith from kindergarten through 12th grade.
- The pre-kindergarten and kindergarten classes are nurturing environments that introduce young children to God: how to know, love, and serve Him.
- The focus of the elementary grades is in three areas: prayer, knowledge, and spiritual growth. With the exception of the 2nd-grade class, the primary text for these grades is the Faith and Life catechetical series. Elementary catechisms and the Catholic Children's Bible supplement this series.
- The 2nd-grade class prepares students for the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confession. The texts for this class are
- Our Holy Faith-Grade 2
- St. Joseph First Communion Catechism
- Fr. Lovasik’s Going to Confession.
- The upper-division classes begin with broader themes, but become more specific as the student progresses through the curriculum. The basis for faith, public worship, morality, and prayer is the focus of these classes.
- Grade 7: Chief theoretical and practical doctrines of the Faith
- Grade 8: Continuity of religion
- Grade 9: Mass and the Sacraments
- Grade 10: History of the Catholic Church
- Grade 11: Catholic morality
- Grade 12: Apologetics
- Texts used:
- Grades 7 and 9: the Fr. Laux high school series
- Grade 8: Sri’s The Bible Compass, Schumacher’s A Handbook of Scripture Study, Fr. Laux’s Introduction to the Bible, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC), Sacred Scripture
- Grade 10: Fr. Orlandis’ A Short History of the Catholic Church
- Grade 11: Fr. Laux’s Catholic Morality, Veritatis Splendor, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Grade 12: Fr. Dubay’s Faith and Certitude, Fr. Laux’s Catholic Apologetics, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Grades 11 and 12 represent capstone courses that arm our graduates with the practical and expository skills needed to evangelize in the modern world.
Registration Instructions for students
To register for the class, parents must complete the following forms for their children:
- Registration form (use this link to download and print your form).
- Safe Environment form (read the form and respond accordingly): Parent Notification Form (must be downloaded and printed)
- Medical Release Form (must be downloaded and printed)
- Assumption of risk associated with COVID-19 form (must be downloaded and printed)
Forms for adult volunteers including catechists
1. catechist information form (use this link to download and print your form).
classroom monitor form (for adult volunteers who want to help but are not catechists)
(use this link to download and print your form).
optional forms for special events